- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Small Potato (to thicken the soup instead of flour)
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock (If you make your own bone broth, use it for this soup!)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wooden or Bamboo Spoon
- Dutch Oven or Medium Pot
- Chop off (or snap) the bottom stems of the asparagus spears.
- Wash spears and chop into 1-inch pieces.
- Wash zucchini and dice into 1-inch cubes, leaving the skin on.
- Wash and peel potato, dice into 1-inch cubes.
- Warm 1-2 Tbs. of EVOO in the pan and toss in all the vegetables.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper and stir to ensure all the vegetables are covered with the oil and the seasoning.
- Add chicken stock or bone broth and bring to a boil.
- Once the vegetables are tender, blend.
- I personally use an immersion hand blender for my soups. (I love how easy clean-up is!)
- Once smooth and creamy, taste and add a touch more salt and pepper if needed.
- If the soup is too fibrous, strain in a small mesh strainer over a large bowl.
- Allow the soup to simmer and the flavors to develop.
- If the soup is too thick, add water.
Top with a dollop of sour cream, crispy pancetta, parmesan, parsley, or lemon juice.
This soup tastes great served warm or at room temperature, making it ideal for entertaining!