- 1 Bunch Organic Lacinato “Dinosaur” Kale
- 1 Small-Medium Onion (put in as much, or as little, as you like)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Wooden or Bamboo Spoon
- Dutch Oven or Medium Pot
- Chop off bottom stems (a good 2 inches) and wash leaves in a strainer.
- Let air dry, then chop (leaves and stems) into bite-size pieces.
- Dice the onion.
- Sauté the onion in 1 Tbsp. of EVOO over medium heat. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Once onions are soft and caramelized, toss in the kale and coat with the oil and onions.
- Add an additional dash of salt and pepper if needed. (Greens get salty really fast, and even saltier as they cook down.)
- Let the leaves cook down, tossing as needed, until it is cooked to your liking – firm, crunchy, sweet, and bright green.
- If you’d like, hit the finished kale with a bit more EVOO as a way to increase your healthy fat intake!
Serve with protein – it goes with everything!